20080909

Berryz Koubou's 5(FIVE)


I'm a little slow making this entry, I know. But I've had my hands full with my other blog and college work. So just pretend you haven't heard any of this yet! (*smile*)

Anyway, Berryz Koubou's new album is out, and I've got it ordered (along with the new calendar - I was indecisive between the Berryz or the C-ute one - but I can't resist anything with Maasa on the cover). The album went up on the tracker a couple of days ago, and I downloaded it. After listening to it, it just moved up my wishlist. I planned to by it before I heard it. And I went and ordered it after listening.

The album is very different from most of Berryz usual work, in that most of the songs aren't as genki as Jingisukan or Monkey Dance. The songs are often much slower or maturer. There is still great genkiness in there, like CLAP! (which, by the way, is a perfect song for Yurina's voice. Love that song. Love that girl) But there are songs like BE which is a beautiful song, and definately my favourite song on the album - and probably near the top of my all-time favourite H!P songs list. It probably looks wierd up there with songs like Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance and Omoitattara Kichi Desse! but it's there.

And then we have the Special Generation remix at the end, which at first I didn't really like. I guess it's the natural reaction when a remix is made of a great song (I believe Special Generation is the highest-selling Berryz single to date). But after a couple listens I'm starting to get used to it. I do feel, however, that the intro and extro to the song are the best parts. The main body, while good and entertaining, has some very annoying parts to it. Don't expect an awesome remix to the already-awesome song, because you won't get it. But it is still fun to listen to it. So don't be hesitent to listen on my account.

These are song I look forward to seeing performed in the upcomming Berikore! concert DVD. Some more than others, but all of them are worthy of, and have the potential to be, great songs, great performances, and great fun!

I've uploaded 3 of my favourite songs from the album, ones that may best give some indication of what this will sound like to you, so please enjoy. And please support Berryz by purchasing the album.


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger